Hello Supporters of Brainslodge, I really appreciate the love you have for this wonderful blog year and I’m using this medium to say Thank You! 2016 is(was) a great year for me here and for the audience even though some of my posts got the audience angry meanwhile most of the post got the readers attention and they encourage me to keep doing what I’m doing. Thank you all.
Considering my Time Zone here, 2016 will be bygone in about 17 hours time (UTC +1) and I believe I made a lot of impact on my quest to make everyone Technology literate and hereby, I’m giving the audience 10 things to do in 2017 to give them an head start:
10 THINGS EVERY TECH GEEK MUST DO IN 2017
1. Get an Android 5.0+
Recently, Android apps developers are making some apps unavailable for lower version of Android because of their compatibility e.g Google Photo Scan, Android Assistant. If you’re still using Android Kit Kat or below, you should get an Android running at least Lollipop (v5).
2. Protect your Online Privacy
Don’t play rough with your privacy in 2017, use VPN, disable cookies and provide fake information when required (search this blog for the posts) . They say Privacy is not only about staying anonymous, it is about sharing on your own will.
3.Uninstall your Android System Apps, Disable root on your phone.
4. Try to play around Cryptocurrencies (e.g Bitcoin).
5. Delete all your Saved Google Search Queries from your account tab.
6. Change your Facebook’s privacy to Friends only unless you’re a public figure.
7. Beware of scammers and do not endulge in any Online business if you’re not sure of the client.
8. Use Google Allo, Google Keep and join our Mailing list and Quora.
9. Visit this blog regularly and invite your friends and family.
10. Find out which company is selling your data.
It’s easy to easieru, when signing up for anything either Online or Offline, use the company / Business name as your Middle name or better still add them before your name. For example, everyone knows my name is Iyanu Victor and let’s say I’m signing up on Brainslodge, then to know if Brainslodge sells users data, I’ll change my name to either Biyanu Lvictor, Iyanu BL Victor, Iyanu BLVic, but it’s adviceable to add it to your First and last name (unless it’s really confidential or an official form).