The malware is a rootkit which installs itself deep inside a phone’s
operating system to avoid detection and gives it developer full control
over the infected smartphone. This deadly malware is said to generates
over $300,000 (£232,000) Monthly to it developer.
HOW TO KNOW IF YOU ARE INFECTED WITH HUMMINGBAD MALWARE
- Your phone will start displaying irrelevant advertisements, unusual
popup advertisements and also if you run out of data so quickly – but
sometimes, you won’t ever know.
- You will be receiving unexpected “system update” notifications,
prompts to install a new app, or finding apps on your phone that you
didn’t install yourself.
- Your battery that last for you normally starts draining rapidly. These are the signs of Hummingbad Malware.
How to Get Rid of HummingBad Malware
If you are one of the unfortunate victims of HummingBad malware, the only solutions will be to factory reset your device.
- Create a backup of the data and content on your phone or tablet.
- On your infected phone or tablet, tap on Settings Backup and reset > Factory Data Reset. The location of Backup and reset will differ on various Android phones and tablets, but it will be relatively easy to find.
- Tap Reset phone or Reset device. Your device will reboot in Recovery mode and will start wiping your infected phone or tablet.
- Once your phone or tablet reboots you can start the on-screen setup cos your device is now free from HummingBad malware.
That’s all. Kindly take a second or two to share this post using the share button below.